Recital video submissions due April 24th
PARTICIPATE IN 4 EASY STEPS
How to record your video
- Use any recording device you already have access to such as your phone or computer camera.
- Make the sure the camera is positioned so that your face can be seen.
- Upload your video to YouTube. Publish as either Unlisted or Public, whichever you prefer. Publishing as Unlisted means your video can only be viewed by people you give the video link to.
Not sure how to upload to YouTube? This short video can help. https://youtu.be/VtF2AgFSLAw
When titling your video on Youtube, please put the student first name and last name initial (i.e. John S.)
Once uploaded, take the URL of the video and share it with SAMA here.
Interested in having SAMA record your video?
- “Sunday best” is the recommended attire. Dress exactly as you would for an in-person recital.
- Position camera so that your face can be seen
- If using a mobile device, please record in landscape mode.
- Before performing your piece, say your name, the name of the piece(s) you will perform, and the composers of the piece(s).
- After performing, take a bow. Your instructor can practice this with you.
- Most students recordings will typically be about 3-4 minutes. However, more advances are allowed a total recording time of 10 minutes. Please do not exceed this time limit.
Other important things to know
- Your participation in this virtual recital gives San Antonio Music Academy permission to live broadcast your performance and to later upload it the SAMA YouTube channel along with other student performance.
Which students are eligible to participate?
Is there a fee to participate?
I don't have a good/reliable instrument at home. What can I do?
Which song/piece should I perform?
Will the broadcast be public? Where is the link?
Yes, the recital will be broadcast via Youtube Live. Here is the link to the scheduled broadcast. The link is also available at the top of the page. Please be sure to subscribe to the SAMA Youtube channel and click “Set Reminder” to be notified when the broadcast goes live.