Recorded video submissions are due Saturday, September 19th.
PARTICIPATE IN 4 EASY STEPS
How to record your video
- Use any recording device you already have access to such as your phone or computer camera.
- Make the sure the camera is positioned so that your face can be seen.
- Upload your video to YouTube. Publish as either Unlisted or Public, whichever you prefer. Publishing as Unlisted means your video can only be viewed by people you give the video link to.
Not sure how to upload to YouTube? This short video can help. https://youtu.be/VtF2AgFSLAw
- Once uploaded, take the URL of the video and share it with SAMA here.
- “Sunday best” is the recommended attire. Dress exactly as you would for an in-person recital.
- Position camera so that your face can be seen
- Before performing your piece, say your name, the name of the piece(s) you will perform, and the composers of the piece(s).
- After performing, take a bow. Your instructor can practice this with you.
- Most students recordings will typically be about 3-4 minutes. However, more advances are allowed a total recording time of 10 minutes. Please do not exceed this time limit.
Other important things to know
- Your participation in this virtual recital gives San Antonio Music Academy permission to live broadcast your performance and to later upload it the SAMA YouTube channel along with other student performance.
Which students are eligible to participate?
All SAMA students, regardless of age or skill level, are eligible and encouraged to participate.
Is there a fee to participate?
The recital fee is just $10 and will taken along with October’s tuition.
I don't have a good/reliable instrument at home. What can I do?
You are welcome to record your recital video here at the academy. You are welcome to use a SAMA guitar, piano, or even drumset.
Which song/piece should I perform?
Please speak with your instructor. They will help you pick a recital piece which they feel is performance-ready.
Will the broadcast be public? Where is the link?
Yes, the recital will be broadcast via Youtube Live. Come back to this webpage on September 26th for a link to the live broadcast.